PW Policy and Practice: Covid 19
This Policy was implemented in July 2020 to outline and give guidance and procedures followed by PW performers in response to the Recent COVID 19 outbreak.
What is Covid – 19
COVID–19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. The most common symptoms of COVID–19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Guidance https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Please pay attention to guidance in relation to symptoms, Vulnerable Category, and Self isolation Guidance.
PW performers have implemented strict instructions to ensure that we are safeguarding all staff, students and parents as much as possible. Please read the information below and act accordingly:
We we have done:
- Frequent hand washing and hygiene reminders to all students and intermittent breaks to rewash hands
- Increased cleaning of all equipment and surfaces within hired premises including door handles.
- Informed all staff and students not to attend classes if displaying any of the Symptoms related to COVID 19
- Liaising with hired premises on their protocols of hygiene and procedures implemented
- Asked vulnerable students, staff to remain absent if falls under the vulnerable category to safeguard their health
- Antibacterial solutions, cleaning products available at each premises
- Not display media or information that adds to the panic and Anxiety of the situation currently presented worldwide
What we need from you:
- We need all Parents/Carers to immediately and promptly drop their child to lessons
- No staff Member / Student / Parent Displaying symptoms should attend any sessions neither should close immediate family or residing members that live in the household
- To provide where possible your child with antibacterial solution / hand gel and reinforce the importance of not sharing drinks and hygiene care
- Management of Hire of Venues to provide a guideline on what they have implemented to safeguard us further.
- If tested positive or a person that is in contact with staff / students / parents of PW Performers tests positive and confirmed by a medical professional that Miss Pippa Westover is immediately notified.
- If you develop any symptoms associated with COVID 19 then you do not attend classes
Our sessions will go ahead with the following in place:
- Temperature check for all children before they start sessions
- Hand sanitizer will be implemented at each break and snack break.
- When bringing lunch or snacks, we kindly ask you to provide them in a disposable bag not a lunch box.
- Equipment will be cleaned regularly
- If any first aid is needed staff will ensure to wear PPE
- Everyone should have their own drinks bottle
The PW staff have all completed an Infection, Prevention and control course. As well as a COVID-19 awareness course.